As most of you all know I am working on pinup magazine, a magazine that will correlate with this page. I will admit it's easier said than done. And I won't lie I'm scared out of my mind. So far I only have myself and another lady that I will be working with soon. As the date gets closer to releasing the magazine (I'm going for January to coincide with the page's birthday) more doubts are entering my mind. I do feel overwhelmed asking myself what did I get myself into? I know that there are lot of Pinup Lovelies and Burlesque Lovelies that are excited about the first modern day black pinup magazine. Seeing how few and far between they are featured in modern day pinup magazines. I just want this magazine to be the best that it can possibly be the Ebony version of pinup magazines. I do have big dreams for life and for Black Pinups and I often wonder how in the world will I get to accomplish them.

Lately, I've been thinking about giving up on the project and just sticking with the page. Moving to a new place, trying to furnish it, expenses and seeing how the paycheck just isn't enough I wonder what I'm doing and if this will happen. Something keeps me going though, I don't know what it is despite being thisclose to throwing in the towel only this morning, something won't let me. I hate not having internet, I hate not being able to attend events that Burlesque Lovelies invite me to, and I hate not being able to work for myself. I do try a lot with this page. So bear with me if it doesn't get updated throughout the week. I have to travel to Starbucks to get Wifi because the library 5 minutes down the road has crazy hours and their Wifi is absolutely horrible!

I just thought I would share my feelings I'm open for comments and if you know of anyone that can help me out. I'm doing this not just for me but it's long overdue and I want the world to know that brown pinups are fierce and lovely!

xoxo Candace

Comments

  1. I am excited to see the results :) May God bless your endeavors !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angelique! I can't wait to work with you and have you in the magazine as well!

      Candace

      Delete
  2. I So look forward to this, I will support you the best way I can. Don't let this go PLEASE. We need this and we need YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty, it is overwhelming when I see how many people want this, it's like, "Wow! Talk about no pressure!" There are a lot of people that are coming out to help so that helps a lot and reading comments like these keeps me going.

      Thanks!

      Candace

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts