My Favorite Fall Accessories - Vintage





Fall has arrived and it has become my favorite time of the year! I love the crispness of the season, the colors of the leaves, the pumpkins, and smells and scents of pumpkin spice, apple cider, cinnamon, and vanilla. Along with the fall scents comes the dressing of fall, I have already decorated my place with happy scarecrows, autumn leaf garlands, and pumpkins on the balcony. Of course dressing for fall is now a favorite of mine, wearing stockings and pants are quickly becoming a staple of mine and I thought I would share.

Stockings
Seam stockings are a staple in my wardrobe I think they are so sexy and yet so vintage. I love wearing them with full circle dresses with petticoats. For an even sexier look for a night on the town, wear them with a pencil skirt or wiggle dress. They come in stockings some have ones that require a garter belt (like What Katie Did) and the modern ones are the stay up stockings that have the elastic gel that sticks to your legs.



Gloves
I absolutely love wearing gloves during the fall and winter time because it adds elegance to an outfit and not only that but it helps when I haven't had a manicure! For fall I normally wear the wrist gloves and 3/4 gloves. I always get the vintage gloves from antique stores they're so unique and no one will have the same pair of gloves that someone else has, it's just such a rarity!



Hats
I love wearing hats in the fall and winter time especially ones from Etsy. They're so unique and definitely add flair to any outfit and it makes you stand out in the crowd. When paired with gloves it makes a sophisticated statement and shows everyone if you're vintage that you are impeccably dressed and ready for the compliments and in awe staring.








Brooches
Brooches are so beautiful and I love wearing mine with an outfit. It seems like it's a lost art nowadays. They are so pretty and come in all types, some with rhinestones, glitter, metal, and pretty jewels. They definitely bring elegance to a pretty blouse, sweater, or button up. They definitely bring glamour to an outfit.



Purses
I absolutely love purses! And the best ones are from antique stores! I get 90% of my purses from Bad Granny's, a vintage consignment store on the Plaza in Oklahoma City. And they have amazing prices for such beautiful vintage purses. I have never had to pay more than $20 for a beautiful vintage clutch or purse. I make sure to match my purse with the color of my outfit. Other places I get my purses from are Amazon, Etsy, and Ebay. 




Vintage looks 
These lovely pinups below are often featured on Black Pinups social media and they represent vintage modern fall looks perfectly! First up, The Pinup Doll (Instagram), Velvet Jones and Tammi Savoy, you can follow these ladies on social media and see how amazing they look any time of the year!





Comments

Popular Posts